It's like a safety net for your wallet.
Smart SPEND offers the advantages of a traditional checking account — without checks! It’s like a safety net for your wallet, because you won’t have to worry about overdraft charges or unexpected fees from us.
With your MidSouth Debit Card — issued to you instantly at account opening — you are less likely to overdraw your account, and there are no overdraft charges if you do.
It’s easy to keep track of your money with Smart SPEND — you can manage spending, receive transaction alerts, access e-statements, and enjoy the convenience of online and mobile banking.
- Initial deposit to open is $50
- Free MidSouth Bank Debit Card issued at account opening
- No overdraft charges
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Free eStatements
- Free Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Free Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit
- Free Digital Wallet using Apple Pay or Google Pay
- Transaction alerts with CardValet®
- Free use of all MidSouth ATMs
- SELECT benefits available featuring cell phone insurance, credit monitoring, and more!
|Advantage||eChoice||PrimePlus||Super NOW||Smart SPEND|
|Minimum opening deposit||$100||$100||$100||$1,500||$25|
|Required balance fee||No||No||No||Yes²||No|
|Personal standard checks||FREE||FREE³||FREE||-||N/A⁴|
|MidSouth Debit Card||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|Online Bill Pay*||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|24-Hour Telephone Banking*||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|Use of MidSouth ATMs||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
¹None – Free with e-statements; paper statements will include a charge of $4.00/month
²Yes – $9 monthly charge if the minimum balance is not met
³FREE – First order of checks
⁴N/A – No paper checks are allowed. If presented, such checks will not be paid
⁵Yes – $1,000 minimum daily balance to earn interest
⁶Yes – $500 minimum daily balance to earn interest
⁷Yes – $1,500 minimum daily balance to earn interest
*Third-party internet/data fees may apply